Thursday, October 25, 2007

What a wonderful world

I love fall. It is my favorite season! It is funny because I hate change but fall is the one season that continually changes. Ashley has a party at our house tomorrow night and kids have been invited outside of the class so we will see how crowded it becomes. I wonder if I should dress up? Ashley would be so embarrassed but her friend said it would be stupid if I didn't so we will see. I have a shirt that says 'costume' on it that I have worn for years now. I feel so peaceful today but still looking forward to a cup of Caribou soon!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I love fall, too, and really missed it those years I was living outside MN. Just yesterday as I was walking to my car in the crisp air I thought, "You always say you love fall, but you hardly notice it. You're just unhappily waiting for winter to replace summer." So I'm trying to notice it each day when I'm outside now instead of just thinking about what's inevitably coming--cold and snow.

I say you should dress up. Last year I pinned some miniature cereal boxes on myself with knives sticking out of them. I was a "serial/cereal killer" (got the idea from a website). Not original, but easy. It's okay if Ashley's embarrassed. . .isn't that what mom's are for? Or was that just my mom?!?

Bren said...

Rachel,
My mom dressed up and I loved it! We will see. This has been great converstations we are having! Thanks for talking with me!

-V- said...

Sorry - I'm always in late on the conversation; I feel guilty commenting from work so wait till I'm home. ;-) I'm with Rachel - dress up and have fun; there are only so many years you get to enjoy embarrassing your kids!

Can't believe we're having this conversation... Just thinking back to the first New Life party I ever attended (seems like yesterday) which happened to be a Halloween party at your house, Bren. I think you were Raggedy Ann - and Rach, you were a witch. I dressed up in some old dress my aunts had worn when they were little... I distinctly remember the feeling of still getting to know everyone; not being sure who I would end up being friends with, etc. I'm glad it was you guys! Bren, your parents (and you) always did host great parties!! You were the glue... a very important role.