Friday, October 19, 2007

Sleeping in

I know this concept is foreign to my friends who have small children but I have older children(remember they were once small) that still do not sleep through the night but that let me sleep in. The first one got up at 8 am and the second 8:45 am and I heard Ashley open her door at about that time and turn on the tv downstairs. Even though I warn them to be silent I still enjoy the giggling they do in the morning and how easy it is to wake up to that(don't tell them they will only laugh louder).
Today is not so busy - just spinning and maybe a bonfire if the weather cooperates, but other than that I am winging it and love the idea of not having to go anywhere!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Ah, yes, sleeping in is a distant memory. . .the kids' giggling is a great way to wake up, though!

-V- said...

Hm... I wake up to jangling dog collars at 5:00 AM every morning (yes, they shake on purpose to make noise since they know it wakes us up). Giggling sounds delightful. ;-)

Rachel said...

Wow! Dog collars at 5 AM is earlier than we wake up (most mornings). That's quite a commitment, V.

-V- said...

I must confess. Actually, it's usually Ed's commitment, since he's off to work about that time anyway. :-) Still wakes me up though.

Bren said...

This so fun to talk with my friends everyday from high school! I just love it!

-V- said...

Yay for blogging! ;-)