Monday, November 24, 2008

Should I stay or should I go now?

We are talking about decision making in our Sunday School class this month and how not making a decision is making a decision. I hate to decide things! I would prefer to never make a decision so no blame would go on me and then I would not have to use any brain cells too. I could just be lazy and not want to grow up, but just like everything God has allowed me to work on decision making in my life. Here are the decision that are important to me daily - I will not include eating but those choices often make for a better day if I am prepared.
  1. Choose to love how God loves. This is a daily decision.
  2. Watch my mouth.
  3. Choose to be content and thankful. I miss this one daily and then #2 starts being missed.
  4. Know that I am not perfect and allow not only grace for others but myself. There are days that I am so hard on myself and that is a choice.
  5. Choose to take my job seriously. I am not talking about my job at church, I usually give 100% to that job, but my job as a wife and a mom and a housekeeper. I forget this one a lot. I grumble because everyone else needs so much from me and realize that this is something I prayed for and got and just because the house is not self cleaning, the kids are not robots and do as I command, and my husband has a job and can not just serve me every minute does not mean God did not answer this request and give me what I wanted and needed in life.
  6. Pray in the moments I am called. There are moments, such as now, when someone or a situation will come to my mind and I know I should pray and I am busy typing or talking or eating. I need to stop and pray.

If these choices are being made the rest like what we are going to have for dinner, what to wear, what to watch on TV, where to spend my time, it all falls into place.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Good thoughts!

Unknown said...

Love this Brenda. I too am a person who just says "You decide." I even practiced making a decision after church by deciding where to go to eat. I really likes how you mentioned that once you deal with the decisions you listed that the everyday decisions should fall into place more easily. Thanks for helping me think about this.