Thursday, November 6, 2008

No Such Thing (as the real world)

Heading off to Hearts at Home this weekend with about 20 women and feel like I am going to a High School party and have designated myself as the wallflower. I am sure by a late hour I will get over this feeling but right now I feel very nervous. I wonder why I am becoming more insecure with people. It probably is because some people who have promised to love me and stand by me have forgotten their promise and therefore I trust no one fully then.

I do trust God, my hubby, my parents and few select friends and relatives, but know that people are human and are going to make mistakes and say things that are unkind. I know I do. I try to give the grace that I am often given due to the constipation of the brain and diarrhea of the mouth I tend to have.

It should be a good weekend and I think I am not going to think about it again until it happens. I don't want nerves to turn into worry.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

You change your blog background like changing clothes--a different "outfit" for every occasion. As for your weekend, groups of women can be a little intimidating, but you have a great ability to connect with people and put them at ease. I hope the weekend is fun!

Megamom said...

I too have noticed that I am becoming much more introvertive than i ever was when i was younger. Im not sure if its just staying at home with the kids so long but i can relate. Hope you have a great time anyway~!