Monday, November 10, 2008

She Works Hard (for her money)

OK, so I don't get a lot of money and I love my full time job as a mom. I did enjoy the Hearts at Home conference and learned a lot. Although I was socially awkward for part of it I made some new connections, renewed some old ones and saw that the distance in some is for this time only and God will use it all for His purpose and I should wait on Him.

What did I learn?

  • I LOVE MY HUSBAND! Not a huge surprise but a fun one. We are celebrating Christmas this Saturday with the Johnson side and he had the tree up and all the food bought and we are ready to go. I love him because he loves me and he loves the kids. He is so good to me and puts up with me and missed me.
  • I LOVE MY KIDS! It was great to sit with the few who had teens and say 'wow, that is normal!' To realize Ash is wonderful and loving and normal and actually unique with her love for God! I love Mikey's spirit and how he is not the typical rough and tumble kid but hugs me still! In fact when I came home he kept saying 'hi again' with a hug each time. Gracie is my baby and even though she may have less pictures I think I take more mental pictures with her as I know this is the last time one of my kids learns to write or read or whatever the milestone is.
  • I LOVE MY FRIENDS! We are all unique, most of them have no idea what having a teen is like as they are in the preschool stage, so I better do something right as they might ask me questions later, they already did this weekend. The Lord has a purpose for friends and I need to trust the people He puts in my life. Even if menopause has set in for me I still need to go to them and allow them to see me crazy, not fun, but was a needed lesson for me this weekend, this year, this life.
  • I LOVE GOD! He has made me to be a bit organizationally challenged, but loving and fun and ready to listen to Him.

Overall, a good weekend and hope to do it next year!

3 comments:

Carey said...

I hope I get to be in the "I love my friends" group!!

Bren said...

You sure are and you got to one of the 2 that actually saw me 'crazy'! Thanks for being there!

Suzanne said...

You are a "marvelous" (and I mean that :)) writer! Keep writing...I'm hooked!