Saturday, February 4, 2012

Unwritten




I have been anxious lately. I thought it was a lack of patience for the 8 or so stones remaining to be passed from my kidneys or the drugs that I am taking to not have pain. But it is not. It is my baby girl, Ashley.

What will she do next year? What will her life be like, what school will she go to, what will she major in? It is not in my hands. I remember putting her on a plane alone for the first time when she was 5. I gave her to God that day. She was not mine, she has always been His but this is way harder than I thought. Letting go, not getting too involved, yet still responsible for her while she is here. Confusing, makes me anxious, but I know exactly what to do, just like I did as she had to be away from me for at least a week a year with someone I did not trust. I need to trust my Father is watching her. I know He is.

No comments: