Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I Don't Know What to do with Myself

I am really unsure these days that I got anything right. There are some things in my life that I for sure did WRONG! There are a few things I am sure I did right, but some days like today shake that. I need to get on my knees and realize it is all a gift. I am not promised good days just days that will glorify God. I am not promised 'normal'. I am not promised peace, self assurance, but Hope. I am promised Hope of heaven, of eternal peace.
Today I failed as a mom. I even said I wasn't going to do that again and I did it. I think I must of done something very wrong to begin with, been to open, been to ok with my kids telling me exactly how they feel, over talking with my children, who knows. Today I have crumbled and I am not sure how to rebuild. I am not sure how to make it right or pleasing for my Savior. I am just not sure. Broken.

"But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.”

James 4:6 ESV
I am humbled tonight.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Brenda, you are promised peace. Isaiah 26:3
You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You.
So...there you go!
All moms make mistakes...it's a tough job but praise God from whom all blessings flow! Children are forgiving and resilient!

Bren said...

Thanks Chris! To know His promises and know when I look to Him how can I be in a state of worry or confusion.