Saturday, February 18, 2012

I'll Do It My Way

Due to deductible time and the fact that I have had two CT's in the last month, money is a bit less than usual at the Chermak house. So then I start to worry (I know that I shouldn't and God always reassures me with that) and prioritize my spending. Now most of you know I just work to send my kids to Christian school. That's it and if we cut that out we would have a lot more money. There are moments that this sounds great. A bus to pick them up, no uniforms, the list can go on.
Here is why we send them. First, each kid is different. Ashley went to public until 5th grade. This is how Steve and I did it. We went to public and then for jr and sr high we went to NLA. We moved Ashley to Christ Lutheran and Michael went to public for kindegarten. Then all the kids went to CLS after that. This is where God led us to go. I don't believe everyone should go to Christian schools. I am not always sure it is right for my kids, but I know Steve is and he is who I follow.
He made a great choice for Michael by switching him to NLA this year. What an awesome experience it is for him and Gracie too!
Back to why we send them other than that is how we were raised. I love that my kids get the Biblical perspective in all their classes. I love that more families than not believe the same things we do, we have foundation with other parents to start with. Life is not perfect, maybe not better, but I have heard many say when times get financially tough, take your kids out of private school. It is not an option for us.
I also am thinking about this because I hate to be judged or talked about because of this choice and yet I just judged a family member for making the public school choice. What a hypocrite I am! I don't know anyone's stuff and they have the right to do what they feel is right for their family. I am sorry for that.
Just things to get off my chest.

No comments: