Monday, June 28, 2010

Tainted Love

As a mother you see yourself as responsible for a child to help them to love like Christ, to do their best, to work hard, to play hard, to enjoy everything life gives them. You want to protect them from harm and hurt and anger (even your own). This is how I feel at least. I believe fathers feel the same, maybe even with more of a protective vibe.

I don't understand the parents that hurt their children, make them feel small worthless unless they do as they are told by them. I don't get why they would repeatedly do it and as their children grow they see that this behavior is wrong and not normal and how is a child supposed to react to this?

I know not everyone was loved as a child as I was. I had a father and mother who chose me to love and stayed together and it was easy to follow that example. I know it is harder for some than me but I believe you can overcome circumstances of the past. I know I have and keep trying to.

I wish that parents took their roles as a job with the payment being loving, fun and happy children. I wish they did not need acceptance from the child, or needed the child to feed their ego, or pat them on the back, or feel the need to buy their children, or promise things to make the child love them more, or need them to acknowledge a relationship that doesn't exist.

I will pray that through my flaws my kids will grow to love like Christ, enjoy all things and share what they can through life. I will pray for those who don't know how to love their children as they should and hope one day the will be able to look beyond themselves and see what awesome people their children are and not waste the time they have with them. I know so many who wish they could hold their children just a moment longer.

Yes, this one is cryptic and a rant, I am over it now. :)

1 comment: