Saturday, June 26, 2010

Love Me Tomorrow

I get to spend time alone with my hubby for the second time in a month. The kids are all off to camps and such and we get time just the two of us. I am excited, we had a lot of fun last week and I have made some plans this week. Unfortunately one day we are heading to Mayo to get 3 injections in my back in hopes of healing the pain I have. Not sure if it will work but we will see.
After being in pain since March I often wonder if Steve is tired of me. Will he love me if this pain last forever? Will he just want to work all the time so he doesn't have to be around me? Will he find someone new?
The last one is something that creeps in my mind often. He has never given me reason to doubt him but since I have been let go for a better model, a few better models, I wonder if it will happen again.
I trust that it won't but if I don't get well is it fair for him to always be the strong one? I know he loves me and want him to love me tomorrow like today. Maybe I will sing this to him, but maybe not.

1 comment:

Kacey said...

Brenda,

For sure those thoughts regarding if Steve will love you if the pain doesn't go away- are from Satan.

I've had non-stop pain (in varying degrees from crying non-stop because of it, to just a little stiff) back pain for 6 years. You learn to deal with most of it, and pain management also helps (medications) and therapy. I have found water therapy to be the best for me. Soothing, yet effective.

Steve will love you and Jesus will give him strength, and will give you strength, and rebuke the devil for his attacks on you, which ultimately attack a marriage.

Don't let Satan have the upper hand in your mind regarding your marriage. You're the one Steve wants, and will want. He may have some days where he needs to re-energize himself...but my guess is that he loves you very much. Heck- it was obvious even back on our bus rides to and from school that he liked you...20 years ago! ;)

I'll be praying for you, hon.