Wednesday, August 5, 2009

People are People So Why Should it Be...

I have had some strange things happen the last few weeks. People have disappointed me, but not really, things are now not as controlled as I would like, but I am not worried, friendships are changing, but I am not dwelling. So odd for me. I usually overreact, play out the worst case scenario in my head and freak out a bit. Maybe it is the cough medicine. Maybe because these changes are really not that big of a deal.
I expect people to let me down, not such a great thing but it happens, I let Steve and my kids down all the time. I am not bragging mind you but I see grace from them I feel that it is ok to extend grace to others.
I think the change that is freaking me out is that my daughter is starting Driver's Ed in 2 weeks. She is turning 15 at the end of the month. She is who I always dreamed she could be, actually she is more than what I dreamed. When we lived in my parents basement after the divorce I could only hope that she would be healthy and God centered. God has given her so much more. Steve has brought such a difference in her life. She has been blessed. I have been blessed. Maybe that is why everything is ok. What more can I ask for?

No comments: