Friday, March 6, 2009

I'm Living Up to Her Low Expectations

I learned something about myself yesterday. I believe that if you are a man, other than my hubby or my daddy, you will treat me bad. I expect that and was totally proven wrong by a man who, even though I messed up, was so calm and nice and rational about it. I actually thanked him for being nice and realized I expected him to be angry and mean. I know not many men read this but I am sorry that I let a few bad men damage how I see all men. That is so wrong!

I was so crabby and down on myself yesterday. Could be the weather or that I misplaced a few things or that I am not yet who I want to be with organizing the house, my workspace, my to-do lists, my time with those most important, - God, hubby, kids, friends, or just that I made a choice to be crabby.

Today is a better day. Doesn't sleep and watching ER always make you feel better? No, I really think that God is allowing me to find out who I WANT to be and even though my mood was dreary, I did not break, I did not blame anyone else. Good things.

Now off to conferences for Ashley and helping with a fundraiser for her school. It is nice to actually be able to volunteer!

No comments: