Thursday, February 26, 2009

That's Why Praise Him, That's Why We Sing

I am so amazed by the power of God. He pulls things together in a way I would never dream of. He gives us time and space to be still and Know Him. He gives us resources to meet our needs. He gives us other people to help when we can no longer help ourselves.

I have had to learn to lean on people and yet have not yet learned to be vunerable around them. I would prefer if I never cried in front another person, but I also would prefer to never have a reason to cry. Unrealistic of course but a wish.

I am feeling the power of prayer. I now see hope and know that I don't have to be in control, that there is someone else in charge. I am happy to see my baby girl sees that God has a plan and is starting to look Up.

1 comment:

Design Blog said...

God often uses songs to let me now I'm not alone and many times tears would flow...if I was not driving my fingernail into my thumb while I was singing. - I know how you feel. I too wish I could be more vulnerable and just let them flow...but I stop because I don't want people to see the pain that the tears mask. Why is that? Is it some 'macho guy' thing? Of all the people that we should feel comfortable crying in front of ...the people at Church should be on the top of the list.

Thanks for your post. ;)