Sunday, February 22, 2009

Good Times

We just enjoyed a family week with my parents, lots of driving and some sun. It is so hard to drive back home and it keeps getting colder. We went to the State Fair, Edison/Ford Winter Homes, stayed in Naples a night, rode Airboats in the Everglades, swam at my parents pool a lot, did a bunch of homework, ate wonderful food from Nana, went to the beach and St. Pete Pier, and just got away from it all.

I forget vacations are also about reconnecting and removing yourself from the daily grind. I was much more calm on this trip. What great times, I am ready to get back to my bed though. : )

1 comment:

Design Blog said...

Vacations and reconnecting with family is a blessing, but leaving and going back home can be hard. I remember trips to Colorado to visit my Grandma, Aunt & Uncle for Christmas... but was sad when I had to go home. I still have those feelings when leaving...and going back home.

I bought my Sister and my parents Web Cameras a couple years ago and introduced then to Skype. Not its not so hard saying goodby, but have your loved ones within hugging range is always nice. ;)

.