Friday, March 20, 2009

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

I dream of this perfect land sometimes. A land where I fit in. I wonder if I truly don't fit in because I don't try to or just circumstances. Circumstances such as I have all school age kids, most of my friends have toddlers or at least one non-school age kids. I work, part-time but it still makes me different than some. I have no creative abilities, I would love to be able to find it fun to scrap with my friends, but I can't cut and don't have the time to really learn how to, I need LOTS of help.
Or it could be that I don't go to things, I have a fear of trusting people and I have a problem with being honest with my feelings and being rejected.
I feel a bit stuck right now. Ruts happen all the time and that is where I am. We have some 'things' going on at home, some more health issues and I seem to be tired a lot so until that is overcome this rut will continue and I know that I will feel reconnected again in God's time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your blog posts are wonderful, Brenda. I see a transparency that is needed amongst people these days. Want to let you know that you're thoughts are valid but that I truly enjoy being around you. I've had so much fun with your family lately. I love having my kids around older kids...and even though you think they don't behave they are true representations of how you and Steve live your lives. Thank you for being my friend and for your honesty. And I hope you know that you are welcome to come and scrap anytime....I can teach you how to cut. :)

Bren said...

Thanks for the encouragement! Ask Kari and Tara about my last scrapbooking experience - fun story. I do enjoy honesty in people and learning to censor myself but am a bit too honest sometimes.