Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I Always Feel Like Somebodies Watching Me

This one will stick in your head. :) So, my family has had some health issues within the past 12 months and someone asked me yesterday if I felt there was Spiritual oppression in my house. When I was I kid I lived around the block and there was a murder/suicide in our house we own now. When we moved in I prayed over the house, but not to rid of anything, just of things to come. Some relatives said we should all pray over it and now this comment - I am not sure what to think. Everything we have had illness wise has been fixed. What do you think?

3 comments:

-V- said...

I'm all for praying over your house - love doing that and have done it for our own home and homes of multiple friends.

However, I think "every illness has been fixed" is an over-simplification of a coming truth. I see things as being in 'already/not yet' status - where because of what He's done for us, we have assurance that death and sin are defeated, but because His story is still unfolding, we still see and experience very real evidence of sin and death in this world. To say every illness has been fixed (if they mean we see no evidence of it) seems like a destructive denial, and contrary to Jesus' confirmations that life will be hard down here, and this isn't our final home.

A good illustration of the already/not yet piece is like an antidote that's been administered to correct a fatal poison. In regards to saving the person's life, the job is complete. But a long time could pass before symptoms of the corrected poison fade and aren't seen anymore...

My two cents. Thanks for asking!

Megamom said...

I think we give the enemy far more credit than he deserves. In regards to illness, I think its part of a fallen world.

Bren said...

I should have said have been managable. I enjoy the thoughts ladies!!