Thursday, January 17, 2008

Don't Let Me Get Me

It has been a low week for me. I got my reviews this week and even though my bosses think I am doing o.k. it is always hard to hear how much better you can be doing.
So, here is my Pink song for me today -

Everyday I fight a war against the mirror
I can't take the person starin' back at me
I'm a hazard to myself
Don't let me get me
I'm my own worst enemy
Its bad when you annoy yourself
So irritating
Don't wanna be my friend no more
I wanna be somebody else
I wanna be somebody else,
Doctor, doctor won't you please prescribe somethin
A day in the life of someone else?

I don't feel like this always, but this moment I relate.

3 comments:

-V- said...

I'm sorry you're feeling down this week, Bren. Glad you've allowed yourself permission to just acknowledge where you are right now, and feel that - while insightfully noticing that you don't always feel that way. Good honesty. Also good to remember the humanness of your bosses - and how their thoughts about how you DO have nothing to do with the truth about who you ARE. They don't see ALL of you - the you that plans rockin' Halloween parties for your kids, reaches out to old friends, cares for sick little ones while you yourself are hurting. At this stage in your life as you seek to work and be a mom, it could be that their 'okay', in reality, means a perfect '10' for you in the grand scheme of your life...

Bren said...

Thanks Vonda! You made me cry - happy tears! Know that God used you today!

Rachel said...

Great supportive words, -v-. I wholeheartedly agree. Bren, you are so much more than they can see (and even more than you can see at times!). I hope your week is getting better.