Friday, January 18, 2008

His Eye is on the Sparrow

I am going to a funeral today for a neighbor whose mom and dad died earlier this week. Yep, both died in the same day. His mom has been dying for awhile and went peacefully and his dad went back to his room and had a heart attack and died. I call that dying of a broken heart. They had been married 66 years and our neighbor, who I have known since birth, is their only son.

I know sometimes I need to be reminded how good I have it even in my worst times. Hey, I could still be a single mom scraping by or worse still in Texas.

I know He watches me.

1 comment:

-V- said...

I'm glad you went to the funeral to bless your neighbor, Bren... Yes - He watches over you with love. Went to a funeral today too; the grandpa of a dear friend. Will be so fun to meet him someday...