Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Video Killed the Radio Star

I am overwhelmed at how much technology as parents we need to monitor for our kids. I know most peoples response is don't let them have it and then you won't fight over it but it is not that easy. I work with youth and the only way to get a response is by facebook and texting. Why? I don't know. Half the time my daughter texts stuff she needs to call and get details anyway so why not start by calling? I don't know.

I actually think that there is too much access to people, information on the web. I think we all long for more physical or face to face contact. I love the feel of books and hope my children love them too. I have thought about this way too much.

2 comments:

gianna said...

oh, no, you haven't! It hink about this all the time.
I feel like I need to get a cell phone because there are hardly ANY payphones around anymore! So no. We do need to think about it. ANd we need to develop in our kids love for books!

Dana said...

Yeah ... it's quite different from what we grew up with ... only twenty-some years ago. I'm kind-of tired of facebook myself ... virtual interaction is a poor substitute for live interaction.

And I don't know the first thing about texting ... I don't have a phone (I don't think) that does that ... I suppose I'll have to figure it out within the next few years, in order to communicate with my kids ;)