Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Holiness is What I Long For

I heard a wonderful, inspiring, humbling talk on how I need to get to the business of Christ. Of learning, loving, living like Him and to be obedient and follow Him and His Word. Does not sound new but it was refreshing and needed to hear of the renewal I need to make. I do get caught up in the need to feel happy, the need to feel comfortable, to not be stretched or go through any type of trouble.

I have friends that I love dearly that often ask me about the craziness of schedules and life and the needs of the kids and working and then the pain that I am dealing with and why I don't look as crazy as they feel. I respond with this is life. I am crazy and stressed and yell at my kids and all that bad stuff but I am content right now. (I can say that today). I don't know what life is like not planning it around someone else and quite frankly don't want to know for quite some time. I don't want to forget the struggles of life as I know that more will come and those that have been or I am going through will shape me, mold me hopefully into a more loving person.

I have been in prayer for many issues I don't have control over lately. I like control. I want to know what is happening next but not in this season of life is that going to happen. For the first time in a long time I am happy trusting that God is in control. Yeah for baby steps.

No comments: