Sunday, March 14, 2010

Comfortably Numb

I have not been down the 'woe is me' road lately. I have been down with a sinus infection, dealing with some old wounds in my life, watching friends go down wrong roads, watching others suffer not on their own accord and ready for change in many different ways. Overall, I have been numb.
I know feeling is better than not feeling at all, but sometimes for a moment I need to think before I react to what is going on around me. It does not happen much that I think first so this is new but I am starting to feel again.
What I feel is blessed that I am not where I once was, that I have people who love me and I can trust, that God will never give me more than He thinks I can handle. I need to remember the last one and pray that my friends remember it also.

1 comment:

Ibu said...

"God will never give me more than He thinks I can handle". Thanks for reminding me this line. It really works that way.