Thursday, April 30, 2009

Daylight is Coming


First, I want the sunshine again, but the title refers to the wonderful band we had at Districts in Duluth with 2900 youth. The band was called Remedy Drive and they were certainly entertaining!

I realized that I am not made for leadership of 48 youth, but God thought I should be this weekend and it worked out and He was still glorified!

I learned some things, like:

  • Boys really need a man as a leader.
  • Girls go to the bathroom a lot and can not sit through an hour and a half session.
  • I need to expect more from the kids and they will usually meet the challenge (they did, they were really good!)
  • A little understanding goes a long way.
  • I need at least 5 hours of sleep a night! (still trying to catch up!)
  • The Cheese ball lady was so funny and informative! (www.keepyourpantson.org)
  • I can give everything and God will replenish me!

Overall, a good experience in a tough situation. Praying for our youth pastor whose mom went Home last Friday, one hour before we left for the conference. The funeral is this weekend.

No comments: