Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Things Left Unsaid

I decided that I needed to give my testimony at the church meeting on Sunday night and left a few things unsaid. So here is the ending...

I do know that God works all things out for good even when it hurts to learn why. I love how I have needed to walk in others shoes to really understand and be able to empathize with them and then hopefully show God's love.

I have come to see unconditional love in human form from my husband, Steve, who loves me despite who I was and sees the best in who I am now. My 3 kids show me God's grace. They show me innocence, the need to learn and love more, the desire to be better, the need to have fun and how to really love people through the good and the bad.

I have been honored by my church to partner in the spiritual maturity of my children and myself. Two of my children have come to know Christ with the help of the teachers and the leadership of a great children's Pastor. My oldest has learned to walk with the Lord through many things with the direction of my youth Pastor and his wife and our current interim Pastor. The love that the people of my church have shown in the last six years shows me Christ's love.

I am always searching for answers that God provides in His time and realize that when I look through His eyes everything is clear. I pray that I can be used daily for His glory.

*If you see a theme my passion is to love like Christ, unselfishly, willing to lay my life down. I fail sometimes before I even get out of the house, but I am constantly walking with that goal and hoping that it is shown even when I am crabby, whiny or self involved. A work in progress just like my testimony will be, but I am excited to see the outcome.

No comments: