Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Sleigh Ride

My mood did change as I sat on the bus with a bunch of 6/7th graders and observed how much life is still the same in Jr. High, but that is another post.

I so enjoyed the concert today with Orchestra Hall filled with kids and how they all got quiet as the orchestra picked up their instruments and spoke to us through music. It was great! I watched one violinist who danced with her violin, or so it seemed. The kids actually enjoyed it although it may not be cool to admit it. What music does for the soul, it amazes me and by the second song my impatience with a few minor pains in my life were gone. I was thanking God for my hearing and my job as I was able to just shift my schedule to do a field trip with my son. I am so blessed. It just took a bus ride to Minneapolis to remember that.

No comments: