Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Let Them Be Little

After a wonderful slip on the ice skating rink that was the Twin Cities, I landed on my head. I have a concussion but am fine but this post will definately be a bit random.

I look at my friends and hope that they enjoy each screaming, whining, needy minute that their babies to 7 year olds give them. My kids still need me but sometimes in a way that I need my husband and that is just to love them and make sure they know that won't change. I don't miss the diapers, the 3 am feedings (although my kids get up a lot), the constant touch of the children or them not being able to tell me exactly what they need. But I do miss the unspoken communication, them snuggling so much more, watching them sleep (really don't miss the diapers).

I do love the age they are at and how they are becoming such fun people. God makes us all unique even in a family unit.

I mainly need to let go of my oldest baby for Christmas once again and am having a hard time with it. I didn't really expect it this year but know that she so wants to go. I need to be happy. I need to GIVE her the freedom to be happy about it although everytime I hear 'I'll be home for Christmas' I will cry. I need to let her know I love her no matter what. Not that hard to do as I do love her no matter what just need to let my head heal a bit before we bring it up again, I get more weepy with the headache I have.

God is good and will make this Christmas and all times, a time of growing. I trust that!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Thanks for the reminder. :)
So sorry to hear of your little big girl possibly being gone for Christmas. Thinking of you with love and hoping you feel better soon!