Monday, November 15, 2010

Give Thanks with a Grateful Heart - 30 Day Giving Challenge

I got started on this challenge late and they are already on Day 15. My hubby is great at giving, whether time, talent or money, he is always giving and I am learning from him. So far the only charity that we are working on is Feed My Starving Children and Operation Christmas Child all the rest is people we know. That is how Steve does it, find a need and help where we can.

Yesterday at church we talked with some people and found out they are having a hard time, having to sell their home they just moved into so that they can make it. They have no idea where they are moving to but they know God is in charge. Moments like these I wish we made loads of money but it would never be ours as we would love to be there for all who are hurting.

We also have a family member who is on his second year of unemployment and many troubles with their house and so on. What can we do? I am not always sure. We can pray, we can give what we can, we can show love and support. I want to do more.

Life is rough for so many in this economy. Just last spring Steve was down to half time work and now he is so busy and I NEED to be thankful. It is required of me. This I must remember and to give what has never been mine. All I have is God's and I need to remember that.

No comments: