Thursday, September 23, 2010

Cryin over You

I was at the library the other day and a little boy was crying and this mentally underdeveloped lady was so concerned. She so wanted to fix it and kept saying 'You're OK boy? You're OK!' The mom of the boy stated he was OK and the mom of the lady stated it too but she was not so sure. Her heart to care so much and want to make this boy feel OK was overwhelming and convicting. How many times can I tell that someone is not having a good day but really don't have the time, energy, sometimes even thought process to try and help. To even acknowledge the need for help or need for a friend. Another thing to work on.

I have a list of things that I have done wrong in the past couple weeks, whether at my work, with my friends and family or in my home. I am an encourager by nature to everyone else but not to myself. I forget that and it gets easier to forget when all I am reminded of is the bad. Just a little gray day today but the sun will come out again, it has to right?

2 comments:

Dana said...

Morning by morning new mercies I see ...

Bren said...

Thanks Dana!