Sunday, September 5, 2010

Circle of Friends

In a circle of friends
We have one Father
In a circle of friends
We share this prayer
That every orphaned soul will know
And all will enter in
To the shelter of this circle of friends.

I don't actually know this song but the chorus looks great. I have been thinking about friendships and family in the eyes of God lately. I tend to look at those who are close friends as chosen family.

I have noticed a pattern in my church lately and I am sure it will always exist on some level now I just need to figure out how to fix it or not be a part of it. I have noticed that people go to my church and are a part of my 'family' and they are very lonely. People who have not been invited to my house but I talk to regularly is just not right. My Pastor said a few weeks ago that you can't be friends with everyone and I actually had to think on that and was so satisfied that it was true. BUT, I can do better. I can see the need for others to fellowship and to feel loved. I can actually do something about that. Maybe my gift is hospitality. I need to work on this one.

No comments: