Monday, February 8, 2010

I Hope You Dance

I never went to a dance. My daughter jokes that NLA believes that dancing makes babies, we joked about that when I was 15 many moons ago now. I love to dance. I always have, whether for cheerleading or in the kitchen with my hubby or when my kids were little we would turn up the radio and dance. I remember doing that with my dad when I was around 8 or 9, dancing on his feet.

I know that soon none of my children will be left to turn the radio up with and dance. The last 11 years have gone by so fast and I need to stop and dance with my kids while they let me. Enjoy the moment and dance.

3 comments:

L.C said...

kids grow up so fast this i am learning...turning up the music and dancing in the kitchen while i make our kids dinner is something i love to do...thanks for reminding me to stop and take those little moments.
LC

Trojin said...

True. Very true. I'm closer to the age of being one of those kids in the kitchen than to being the one turning up the music, but I know both my parents feel the same way. Like that time has just passed them by. I hope someday, when I have kids, that we get to dance in the kitchen to old music.

M Hastings said...

Dancing is interesting in that it seals memories in time for us, yet it makes that time pass so much faster.

I always feel that something's not quite right when the music is off.