Friday, January 29, 2010

Jesus, We just want to Thank You

I need to be more thankful, grateful, humble, awed. I went to Mock Trial with my daughters last night and it was really interesting. One of the witnesses was a blind high school student. Man, technology was great as he had his notes in a braille computer. They all did a great job and NLA only lost by 20 points.
I sat there and thought how many times I think about seeing. Unless my glasses have a scratch or are not around I don't think about it much or thank God for sight.

Dear God,

Thank you for allowing me to have sight, hearing, the ability to walk, be healthy, speech, a whole body. I know that it may not always be this way and that I am blessed to have them all. Please be with those who have impairments and for them to see the world in such a unique way is a gift from You also. I know many have so many struggles that I do not have and am humbled at the gifts that You have given and ashamed that I am not more thankful and more vocal about acknowledging them as a gift.

Please help to be a good steward of Your gifts and help those who I can and You put in my life.

In Jesus Name,
AMEN

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Thank you for this post, I have been far to often selfish with thanks and have now made it my mission to be a better person and make changes in the lives of other people, be a positive, and grow from kindness...

Lilys said...

amen!! really like your blog! i read everynthing with a smile saying to myself again and again "yeah, it's right, it's right...." :) continue that way, you give hope to people by talking 'bout God the way you do it!

GBU