Wednesday, February 24, 2010

It's So Hard to Say Goodbye

Goodbyes are hard to begin with but a week of goodbyes can be downright painful. I am not mourning a death or a job loss, but people things.

  1. I had to say goodbye to the sun and fun in Florida. Had a great 5 days with friends and family and gained some great perspective on how blessed I am for both of those things and found some things that I can work on in friendships and how to manage anger better with my kids. (She's Gonna Blow - a book I need to finish)
  2. I had to say goodbye again to a friend who God has assured me that will remain a friend even through the distance. I walked into her home in Orlando and felt like I just saw her the week before. I loved seeing her kids and hubby and then taking her to spend time with other friends and laugh!
  3. I will have to say goodbye to a man who has had a major impact on my life. He has shown me that even though you love the Lord you can still have fun and laugh and encourage and there is no box for how we need to be. Our interim Pastor is leaving and I will miss him, but excited for what the future holds.

I also said goodbye to the insecurity I have with dealing with people. I had so much fun and know that I am happy on being a work in progress and have progressed and am not as afraid to show who I really am.

Goodbye to Florida, hello memories and plans for the next trip!

No comments: