Thursday, September 24, 2009

Love is a Battlefield

I have been thinking about a friend who is starting the divorce process and remember when I was in those shoes, those poor, ill fitting, bright neon orange shoes and everyone had an opinion and everyone wanted the whole sordid story and praying for my friend.

I often wonder when it is that you decide it is just over. I decided after girlfriend #3. That actually wasn't the reason I left but contributed to the whole lousy scene. Do people actually just fall out of love? I can't imagine making a choice to love someone and then just decide to not love them anymore.

Society is not helpful with this problem. Most shows, celebrities and such make divorce so easy, so accessible, so drama free. You go to a judge sign some papers and *boom* you are magically unattached, which is never true.

Pray with me that families stay together, that people cherish their vows. I know that my crabbiness or lack of appeal probably gives Steve some cause to think about it, but know he is with me for the long haul. God wants us to stay together for the good of us and that should be reason enough.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Good thoughts. Valuable perspective.