Saturday, September 19, 2009

Don't Stop Believing - Hold on to that Feeling

So, I thought it would be fun to go and sleepover at a friends house as her hubby was out of town and she only had 2 of her 4 kids. Well, back in the day I could fall asleep anywhere and didn't need a lot of sleep and could eat non nutritious food and get up early and have energy and function the next day. Not so much anymore.
I had a good time and was glad to talk, laugh, and be tired. Lots of coffee was needed. I am so glad my kids sleep until 8 am or longer on weekends (these kids got up at 6 am, so did I). I am so glad that I missed everyone and ready to be back with my kids and my hubby and my house.
I keep holding on to this notion that I really am not that old or maybe it is just that I have not aged mentally (matured?). I still want have fun and laugh and giggle with my friends, make out with my hubby, run and play tags with my kids as if I am one of them. Mental aging will happen eventually, but not today.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Fun to read about your fun.