Monday, September 28, 2009

Fifteen

I remember when life revolved around my homework, who I needed to talk to at school, what people thought of me, what I was wearing, were my bangs ratted high enough, did so and so like me, and basically could see nothing outside my life. Then why is it that I can't allow my daughter some slack and understand her egocentricness?

Now it drives me crazy! I can't seem to relate to thinking about only myself, I get crabby and want her to fast forward to my reality and then stop take a deep breath, apologize for yelling, and realize soon enough she will see things in this way.

(I really like Taylor Swift music. This is another one of her songs.)

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

This summer I came across a journal I wrote when I was fifteen. It was absolutely shocking to me how utterly immature and silly I was. ...it was a real eye-opener! But I don't think it has made me all that more patient....

Bren said...

I appreciate that I may not be alone in this thing called teen parenting. :)