Monday, January 19, 2009

You're My Best Friend

I have never been one to say this is my best friend until I got married to Steve. I never called girlfriends that because in Junior High I did and hurt someone else so I thought better not call anyone that. I have had many life long friends and have been so blessed by those relationships.

I often refer to my mom now as one of my closest friends. What a great God I have to bring us together! I love my mom so much and miss her when she is in Florida. Less than a month until I see her and can be warm in the sunshine in Florida!

I love so many different things about the people in my life. God uses people daily to serve Him and when we listen we make a huge difference. Here is how people, friends, were used this past week for me -
  • Talking on the phone with me.
  • Going to a movie/having a pedi with me
  • Coming and making sure I was ok.
  • Meals
  • Phone calls
  • Emails

It all meant so much and prayers. I was so blessed to be praying for another friend and not fretting about myself this surgery. What a great God! Still praying that God supports this other friend through this tough time the way He is holding me!

No comments: