Friday, January 23, 2009

Wouldn't It Be Nice?

It is the time of year I like the least. I don't hate it but I enjoy going outside and this is not fun outdoor time for me. I like taking a full breath outside and not hacking because the air is so dry and freezing. I love fall to Christmas, second is summer and this time of year is last, but we are heading out of town for a weekend and soon to go to Florida.

I am in search of finding my niche this time of year. Prayer comes more easily as it gets dark early. Time seems to go slowly and I should cherish that and yet I yearn for spring days and lighter coats. I need to be content with now and then embrace the change. When will I get that right? Something I can always work on, I guess.

I think I may start my own holiday. Just a reason in February for a party. Not sure what to call it, not a Valentines thing but families and food and some traditional game playing or something. Maybe a Mexican/Sioux festival with my own nationality dance and theme song. Would you come to my Mex/Native Americana fest?

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Festivus for teh restivus!

Jessica said...

"teh" should be "the"

Suzanne said...

I'll come! You don't have to ask me twice!!!

Carey said...

Heck ya!