Thursday, February 7, 2008

Your Momma Don't Wear No Socks

My friend told me last night that the 'yo momma' jokes are going around it always brings this song that I learned my 10th grade year on biology trip to mind. Being a mother is so different than I planned on it being. I thought my kids would always look at me adoringly, that I would never get old, and that I would never say 'Just wait until you have a teenager!'. I love being a mom! Socks is an issue with my Ashley. She does not like to wear them and then her feet smell from her shoes and then we gently tell her that (make fun of her and make her wash her feet) and then the next morning - no socks again.
What battles did you pick with your parents? I was naive and always challenged my parents wisdom.

2 comments:

-V- said...

OH my goodness. SO wish we had video of the 5 of us doing that ridiculous dance in front of the whole school, singing that song at the top of our lungs!! :-)

I remember vividly battling ferociously with my parents over the legitimacy of peace signs.

Rachel said...

That was a fun bonding song, and you just got it stuck in my head.

I didn't battle my parents until after I left home, although I did secretly listen to "secular" music and snuck into a few prohibited movies (like "La Bamba" in junior high) when I figured they wouldn't catch me.