Thursday, January 19, 2012

Love's The Only House Big Enough for all the Pain in the World

I have been unsettled lately. I have wondered why when I have been blessed with so much. I have a great God, family, friends, health, enough money, time and a job. I have this feeling that I don't feel too often, this heaviness.

I figured it out a few days ago. I have talked about how one of my passions is to love like Christ and my fellow Christians usually agree with me. My problem is the lack of practice. There are so many people that are waiting to see Christ in others. To just have them talk to them, to invite them to coffee or dinner, to bake them cookies or send them a card. I do NOT do it enough so this is not a rant about anyone in particular just something I have been pondering and praying on and trying to change in myself. To love and live like Christ who accepts everyone, not just the ones who have the kids the same age as me, or kids that I enjoy for that matter. Not just the people who have the same interests or personality disorders that I have. Not just the ones who love Christ or show love easily.

I see so many people hurting because we forget to say 'hi' to them in the mall or the store or the hallway at Church. I admit to having looked forward to seeing my 'friends' at church and there are many that I have over more often than others. You can't be friends with everyone, my mom would say, which is true, but we can be loving to everyone. I need to work on this.

1 comment:

gianna said...

Yep. I feel the EXACT same way so often! I gotta step out and reach out so much more than I do.