Monday, December 12, 2011

I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus

I do not remember if my kids believed in Santa. It was never important to us at Christmas but I think Ashley believed and Michael for a moment but Gracie never got a chance. Now that they are 11, 12 and 17 Santa is not much of a topic unless they want to be 'santas' to others. They sure do like giving and I love that.

This Christmas has been very mellow except the remodel in my kitchen. My hubby is painting and putting in new flooring which I like but as we entertain we have to eat in the living room where the kitchen table is. Not too bad just a strange with the tree and a few couches and extra chairs in there. I will like it when it is all done. :)

I have been thinking a lot about all we have and pray that we all count our blessings more than just at Christmas. Family sure is wonderful and the 'things' just don't seem that important. So very thankful for all I have and even for all I do not have, probably makes life easier to go without certain things. Remembering the greatest Gift of all!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

We puposely omitted the Santa tradition. Call me UN American if you must....I'm still happy with the decision.