Monday, May 30, 2011

Where the Stars and Stripes and the Eagle Fly


I know that this country has it's many flaws but we have some great freedoms. One, I get to worship my God in public, not in secret. Two, I get raise my kids to love Jesus and don't have to have a government tell me how to raise them. Three, I can disagree with my government and not be persecuted, put in jail or killed for my opinion, particularly as a woman this is great.
I could go on and I am sure there are those that disagree with me, but this is how I feel about our country. I don't think it is chosen or set apart from any other country but I am glad for it's freedoms that I have. I am blessed by those who have served to keep those freedoms and protected us from those who would want to take them away or make us all one people that are superior in their opinion. I am thankful and blessed and off to picnic on this Memorial Day.

No comments: