Wednesday, May 11, 2011

RESPECT

I LOVE to SING! I am not the best but I love it. I wish I had that voice that could go all out but I don't and this is something I just know and don't feel bad about. I wonder why I am so hard on myself in other ways. I can't just accept who I am and my short comings in so many ways(ok I don't mean I can't accept that I am short, but my flaws.).
God has been working in my life and showing me how to be humble, how to be broken, how to let go. Hard stuff. I don't like the hard stuff. Can someone tell me how to move on from failure? How to just really let it go, let it stay in the past where it belongs?

2 comments:

-V- said...

I love that you love to sing, Bren - you have a beautiful voice, but your heart's joy in singing is even more important. Your ability to accept the limits of your voice is an inspiration. Fear of failing has sucked much of the joy out of singing for me through the years - I am no longer doing it publicly, but instead am practicing singing (by myself) out of love and worship; not a fearful 'should'.

I don't have any answers about how to move on from failure (at least any that I can confidently own). But I wanted to tell you that when I was making a list today of simple things I want to do each day, your motto: 'Love hubby and kids - the rest is gravy' came to mind. And I love how consistently you've blogged through the years.

Please know that your thoughts and wisdom, and the person you are (even your redeemed failures) make a difference, in a wonderful way, to those who know you.

Hope you had a great Mother's Day and are doing well...

Bren said...

Thanks so much for being the cheerleader, V! I love your voice and have always wanted something like it. Hope your mother's day was great!