Thursday, January 13, 2011

Voice of Truth

I must admit, I am having a hard time discerning the truth right now. Am I just getting upset because things are getting uncomfortable or that they are not uncomfortable enough? I believe things are black and white in most areas but when they are gray, not spelled out for me in the Bible, where do I turn? Who do I trust?

I believe in a God who created the world. The God of the Old and New Testament. The God who gives and takes away all for His glory. He is the One, the great I AM, The Father to Jesus Christ, the Three in One. He treats His people with love but like a Father and teaches us as we need to be taught. He is merciful and yet judging, loving, yet jealous. He wants us to worship Him at all times, but still expects us to live on this earth.

How do I live, work everyday, cherish my kids, love my husband and keep Him number one? The word idol worship is what brought this rant up. I am not worshiping money or my house or feeding my kids if I work. I am doing what God asked us to and trying to do it while glorifying God. I don't worship my husband, he is not my Savior, but I am called to be his helpmate, his wife and I love him. He is not my idol if I go out on a date with him and not spend that time in prayer. If I am wrong, show me Lord.

I really thought that after being in a Baptist college and after years of people getting it is the relationship with Christ that matters and not the religion I would not hear the 'Thou shalt not' perspective of being a Christian over and over again. I agree that we all have idols that take our focus off God but if we are always worried about what we are doing wrong and our sinful nature isn't that an idol also?

I can hear His voice saying to follow Him, not man. Get the log out of your own eye and focus on me. Get over your rant, it is not glorifying anyone. I will listen to Him. The Voice of Truth.

No comments: