Sunday, January 23, 2011

Got Me Looking so Crazy Right Now

There are few things that keep me up at night. At my age we are tired by the time we roll into bed and my brain can be shut off for things of no consequence, such as the laundry not being done or where did I put that thing. However, when it comes to my kids hurting I want to fix it. I want to fix it now, make sure it never happens again and keep them from ever feeling this way again. That keeps me up.
I do give it to the Lord and have prayed over many things for my children. I pray for them to know God personally and grow in Him. I pray that they love like Him. I pray that they see the world as a sinful place where God reveals Himself daily. I pray for their friends, for their future spouses, to lean on the Lord for the big decision and to not grow up too fast. (the last one is more for me).
I want the school they go to, church we attend, people we hang with to be like minded with the knowledge that everyone is human and that some things are great practice for the real world beyond the house they live in now. I know I can't control any of the places but wish to have some say on how it is done.
Right now the bullying issue is going on daily for one of my kids. I need the authorities that be to help and hope that this happens this week. The teaching of sarcasm or belittling is something I will not put up with either. Kids get enough that from tv, each other and don't need to learn how to talk down to people in a different venue.
My problem is that I don't know how to be proactive about these things without being crazy. I know that love is crazy, Christ showed us that, but I need to be an adult, check myself before I wreck myself and gather my thoughts and present my concerns in a way honoring to God. I am not sure that is going to happen with the issues that are going right now. We will see.

1 comment:

Dana said...

I can see how that would keep you up. Praying for wisdom for you.