Thursday, May 13, 2010

Truth Is

I wonder if I did the right thing last night. I have noticed a kid in my youth group who has chosen a different path. Not like a unique spirit but really a gangsta wanna be, wanting to be cool and throw around useless words and drink underage and such. I told his parents what I saw on Facebook and his mom started crying. I told her I would want to know if my child was showing signs of going down the wrong path. I am unsure if it is right.

The only thing I keep going back to in my head is how I wish someone would have told me my ex was cheating on me. After the divorce many said they knew but during the marriage not a word. There may have been a lot less suffering on both our parts if I was brought to reality and did not live on hope that it may not be true (it was very obvious) or that he would stop. I left after the third affair I knew of.

So if you see something in my kids or me for that matter (not Steve, go to him) please tell me. I may cry or defend but the truth is often needed to be heard.

7 comments:

Dyer Importance... said...

I don't know the situation, but I think you did the right thing. I would want to know if it were my kids - and I would want to know if it were my spouse. :) You are brave to be so bold.

gianna said...

ditto to Marlene!! That's the hard part of being a youth sponsor, but you totally are doing the right thing!

Suzanne said...

I would want to know. It would hurt, but in the end it is the loving thing to do.

just me said...

I agree, although I wasn't there I think you did the right thing. I think that sometimes the truth hurts but its better to know so you can do something about it. Good for you for doing the right thing, try not to feel bad about it. x

Mazearth117814/115 said...

The decision itself was good, and your intensions were good, but the people who hear this aren't always grateful. In this situation, I think the mother of the boy was grateful, but it is not always good to be that bold and honest. There is an idiom "We wanted it to be better, but it turned out like always" which pretty much defines my thought (:
But still, I think it was the right thing to do (:

P.S. I'm new here, and if you have some free time please visit my blog (:.

硬币 said...

So what you think and do is just the same as we Chinese parents~

Dana said...

Good job, Brenda!