Thursday, May 6, 2010

Breakaway

I had a great discussion with one of my friends about our past. About even though we don't want it to define us it will always make up a part of who we are. We can't forget it but we can learn from it. We have so many people in our lives that don't know what we went through and can never understand why we need to talk about those times. God has given me my Jonathan and David relationship through this friend and I am forever thankful.

So as I was recollecting about the past a new news article was brought to my attention that made me look at my past again. I am still angry about this part of my past and even though I have forgiven and asked for forgiveness and was blessed by God being glorified, I still wonder how to deal with the hurt and pain that this situation has brought. Do we ever get over nightmares that we live through?

I must say I feel safe and secure in my life but still need to process things and it is always good for me to see where I once was and be thankful for where I am now. This is how I know of God's love as He has held me through countless nightmares when I had no strength left. I can leave my past behind but need to look back sometimes to see where I have been to remember how far I have come.

1 comment:

gianna said...

history is haunting! sometimes you want to live that moment again but you can do it only in your memories. And sometimes you really want to forget it, but the memories are still there.