Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Hold On

I am a bit discontent. The theme of my life at times, but it is a season. It usually starts with my hair. How silly but true. I hate my hair right now. I feel like Bette Midler in 'Beaches' who always hates her hair. I don't always hate my hair but when it is growing out, bangs, growing longer or just needs to be reshaped, I get down. My hair has this ability to make me look at things more half empty. Crazy, really.

I want to be bold, be dramatic, be different and yet I am so happy to be where I am. I like who I am, had to explain that to my hubby the other day. I do have such a changed outlook on myself that he did not get how much BETTER I am than I once was. In High School my self-esteem depended on others, now I like who I am but know I am a work in progress, hopefully getting better at least yearly :)

I am laughing now which is a good thing, laughing at myself. Life is good and I am praying for those who are not at a good place right now. I watch as people go through some hard times, hard choices and feel helpless. I need to be content that we are doing so well right now, no major illnesses, no money issues this moment, a nice house, warm even, cars that run, family that laughs together, has plenty to eat, that loves each other, that knows True Love, that wants to be more like Christ. I sure have got a lot to hold on to even if I have a bad hair month.

No comments: