Thursday, June 25, 2009

What's so funny about Peace Love and Understanding

I feel peace today. Like I know that change has happened and even though I do not know the end it will be better, different, more peaceful. I have 2 out of 3 kids back so that gives me time to focus on them and less on me which is what I need.

A few friends of mine have told me that I need to let go of the responsibility of the past becoming the present. It is not my fault that people choose not to change, not to grow, not to become what they should become. It is their fault and even if I introduced them to my life I did not ask them to stay. I now understand that the process of letting go of that burden will change me and is something I can do and am so thankful to those people who have challenged me to look at myself.

I know that I will still fall into some patterns of guilt and anger over circumstances, but will remember to look at it for what it is and not for what I think it is. I know I will blame myself again but can look back and try not to make it worse by falling into despair. God gave me good people in my life and I am very thankful! You ladies and Steve (who does not read this) really helped! Thanks!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm so glad you're working on letting it go, Brenda.