Monday, November 28, 2011

Last Christmas I Gave You My Heart

What a difference a year makes. Unfortunately the illness that plagued my daughter was the onset of many things this year. But we are now seeing progress in a certain area of her life. I always look at hitting bottom as a blessing as we can only look up and work at it. That is what we are doing, working on it.

This Christmas will be different as I will miss the company party that I have attended the last 5 years. I never thought a job change would affect me. But it really became part of my life, not who I was but working with the youth on top of assistant to the youth Pastor became a big passion for me. I miss it, but very happy where I am now.

So much crammed into a month sounds chaotic but it will be a blast. I look forward to every Christmas carol, reminder of Christ's birth and the goodness of God, decorations, friends gathering, food, all of it. I love Christmas.

I am so thankful for many things this season. My Savior who has giving me so much and still teaching me more, my family - my husband is amazing, my kids are smart and growing into who God wants them to be, my parents, my brother, my in-laws - all of them. I am so grateful for my friends, those that are new and those that have known me for 20 + years! God is good!

No comments: