Thursday, June 30, 2011

Who Says You're Not Perfect

You know who says this to me mostly - me. I am having one of those days that I just am not good enough. I am actually joyful that I am a bit down because I was numb for a bit and hoping I wasn't truly past the point of help without some sort of intervention but now that I am sad, after being cranky, I know I am ok. You see if I care enough to change my emotions or work through them then I am still feeling, thinking, understanding myself. It is when I don't care, don't feel just exist that I become my own worst problem.

So, here I am, one month into summer, knowing God is in control as I have not felt like my 'job' as a mother has been compromised by my other 'job'. I am happy, just need to look past a few things that have been hurting me, holding me prisoner a bit. I need to be ok with people not seeing me for who I really am or for what I could be. I need to be ok with people not liking me all that much or talking bad about me. I am ok with those things but they are wearing me down today. Nothing a 4 day weekend won't cure right?

No comments: