Sunday, July 13, 2008

We're a Couple of Misfits!

If you ever watched the Rudolph movies you must remember the Island of Misfits. I can relate to them so much. I often want to be included in things or with people and realize I will always be a misfit. We have a teenager and elementary kids but most people we hang out with are our age but have younger children and want to hang with people they feel they can relate to now. I have had young kids so I can relate but maybe they don't want the moody teenager over or they think I am WAY older them - I may be in some cases.
Today I feel like I need to work a little harder to really make the connections with people that I want or need to do. I know I slack on that.

Today I am misfit and always probably will be, but some days it gives me a sense of who God made me to be - different.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Brenda, you are too hard on yourself. God called you a masterpiece! Wonderfully made! He did not call you a misfit.
I Love you! And, don't mind at all teenagers or slightly older kids around. Now, you are lightyears older than me, so that is something we will have to work around, but hey--it can be done.

Bren said...

Nice jab! You and Steve have such Mustang madness that alone can bridge the age gap!